Rennes is not a very big city, but if you don’t know how to drive manual (raising hand over here) you’ll end up relying on the public transport. This is one of the things I love about France: their public transport
To get into Rennes
- France offers a good amount of private busses that you can take to get around France
- Take the TVG here. Relax. And enjoy the scenery
- Maybe you have a car or you can car pool with someone
- Yes, Rennes has an airport. But I will be honest I have never heard of anyone using it…
To get around Rennes
- Ok, this is pretty obvious. Not everything is in walking distance, BUT in the city center most places are in close proximity
- Sometimes parking can be a hassle, so it’s just better to take the bus or metro
- The busses in Rennes are very reliable. Unless there’s a greve…
- They are in the process of constructing another metro line. Right now there’s only one, so there is no reason to get lost on the metro.
- Like most cities, Rennes has bike stations. Where you can rent a bike for as long as you would like. FYI: The first 30 minutes are free!!
To figure out your route or if you want any information about the local bus or metro check out Star