Venir en France

The first bureaucratic topic I’m going to cover is the different ways to come and stay in France.

  1. EU
    The easiest; countries that are in the EU. Lucky you!! You can go anywhere in the EU for work, study, to live etc. with no papers or visas needed. Since Briexit, I am not sure how that is going to affect the process for the Brits. Maybe nothing and they’ll be able to go about their jolly day. The following countries in the European Union are:

    • Austria
    • Belgium
    • Bulgaria
    • Croatia
    • Cyprus
    • Czech Republic
    • Denmark
    • Estonia
    • Finland
    • France
    • Germany
    • Greece
    • Hungary
    • Ireland
    • Italy
    • Latvia
    • Lithuania
    • Luxembourg
    • Malta
    • Netherlands
    • Poland
    • Portugal
    • Romania
    • Slovakia
    • Slovenia
    • Spain
    • Sweden

  2. Working Holiday Visa
    Next group are the countries who can have a Working Holiday Visa. What’s a WHV?I’ve already written a whole post about, so check it out The Best Kept Secret. Unfortunately, the US doesn’t have a WHV there. But here are the countries who can obtain one for France:

    • Argentina
    • Australia
    • Canada
    • Chile
    • Colombia
    • Hong Kong
    • Japan
    • South Korea
    • New Zealand
    • Russia (4-months)
    • Taiwan

  3. Visitor Visa 
    If you’re from the US, and planning to stay less than 3 months you don’t need a visa to visit. But if you’re planning to stay longer than 3 months than that’s where I come in to help. For other countries, it depends where you come from for the visitor visa.

  4.  Student Visa
    This is the visa I am currently under. It allows me to stay here for a year, and I can renew my visa in France as long as I am studying. It allows me to work up to 20 hours per week. I’ll go deeper into depth with this process in another article.

  5. Au Pair Visa
    Yes,  there’s a special visa for those who want to be an Au Pair. An au pair is someone who watches the kids. Usually, you’ll speak your mother tongue to them because they want their child expose to that language. You stay with a host family somewhere in France, and help them around with that they need.

  6. Work Visa
    If you’re lucky enough to have a company sponsor you, then you can apply for this visa. I haven’t experienced this, and I heard it can be a little tricky.

  7. Marry a French person
    My boyfriend is French. Thought we haven’t started the process yet, we are starting to look at this option.

The list I compiled here are most of the ways I know how people have come to stay in France for a longer timer. If you know of any other ways, let me know!  Or if you have experience with the au pair or work visa let me know too!!

à bientot






Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s